HALL OF FAME
Welcome to Racewalk Australia
RacewalkAustralia.com is an unofficial results website which attempts to maintain a comprehensive listing of Australian walking performances done both in Australia and overseas. It is paid for, controlled and maintained by Kim Mottrom and Tim Erickson with help from John Constandinou of England and has been in existence since 2009. This is an independent website and has no connection to Racewalking Australia or to Athletics Australia.
Initially this website was used purely for VRWC results but was quickly expanded to include other results from around Australia. The rationale for inclusion is
Once that comprehensive list is catered for, the list bubbles down to other more minor racewalking meets throughout Australia. These may or may not get a guernsey on the site, depending on a number of factors.
- All major Victorian results, whether AV, LAVIC or VMA or from one of our 3 specialist Victorian racewalking clubs
- The results of any Australian walkers competing in official competitions overseas
- The results of all Australian championships, whether AA, LA or Masters
- The results of all official State Championships run by AA member associations, LA or Masters
- The results of ultra distance walks events, as certified by the Australian Centurions
Hence the site is not definitive but probably covers 95% or more of results.
What is race walking?
Race walking is a faster version of regular walking and is a recognised dicipline of athletics, included in the Olympic Games. It is regulated by the IAAF and judged so that you maintain a good walking technique. Points are awarded based on how fast you complete a fixed distance and rankings are produced both for Australia and internationally.